A Holistic Approach to Early Literacy Development
• Explore the EYFS profile data in their localities and discuss links to feeder schools.
• Understand the holistic learning and developmental progression of children from two to the end of the EYFS in communication and literacy.
• Understand the key messages in relation to communication and early literacy (reading and writing)
• Understand the role of the adult and the environment in supporting mark making and emergent writing
• Explore how early phonological awareness including ‘Letters and Sounds’ supports children’s communication, language and literacy journey.
• Understand each aspect of letters and sounds and gain ideas and resources to support.
• Consider how activities and resources to support children’s early phonological awareness, including from the aspects of phase one from ‘Letters and Sounds’ can be incorporated into the continuous provision.